- Council of the Great City Schools
- CGCS-Bernard Harris Scholarship Program
CGCS- Bernard Harris Scholarship Program
The CGCS-Bernard Harris Scholarship for 2021 will be available in mid-February.
The CGCS-Bernard Harris Scholarship Program was established to encourage minority students to pursue college degrees and careers in science, technology, engineering and math. The scholarship was created by former NASA astroanaut Dr. Bernard Harris, the first African-American to walk in space.
The winners of the 2020 scholarships were chosen from several hundred applicants in urban school districts represented by the Council of the Great City Schools for their academic performance, leadership qualities and community involvement.
Each scholar received $5,000 for continued education in a STEM related field. Click here to read the press release.
The 2020 CGCS-Bernard Harris Scholars were:
- Raul Ayala, who attended the School of Health Professions in Dallas, TX
- Vanessa Cid, who attended Hialeah High School in Miami, FL
- Abani Neferkara, who attended Lincoln High School in Portland, OR
- Eliska Peacock, who attended School Without Walls High School in Washington, DC