- Council of the Great City Schools
- Council of the Great City Schools - Homepage
Clark County Operations Review
Clark County School District requested that the Council of the Great City Schools conduct a high-level management review of the school district’s business operation. Specifically, the Council was asked to:
• Review, evaluate, and comment on the structure and operations of the district’s Office of the Chief Operating Officer, including several of the departments within that organization (Facilities, Purchasing, Transportation), and provide comparisons, metrics, and other benchmarking data on how the district spends its funds and provides services."
• Identify opportunities to improve existing processes, internal controls, organizational structures, spans of control, and communications within and between departments.
• Develop recommendations that would assist the Office of the Chief Operating Officer in achieving greater operational efficiency, effectiveness, and would enhance its strategic value to the school district.
In response to this request, the Council created a survey of divisions and departments asking them to rate themselves on a series of industry “best practices and indicators” and to provide documentation and detailed explanations to support the rating. The completed survey was returned to the Council and reviewed prior to a site visit. Then the Council assembled a Strategic Support Team of senior managers from other major urban city school systems across the country with extensive experience in school business operations, facilities, school construction, technology, and strategic planning.
Read the 102-page review in full here.